Inspire worked with M/I Homes, one of the nation’s leading homebuilders, to establish a formal public relations program in support of community openings for several of its 15 divisions across the country including Columbus, Dayton, Minneapolis and Sarasota.
Inspire’s communication support focuses on the following objectives:
- Develop and amplify on-the-ground division relationships with local market media and influencers
- Create specialty pitches around relevant times of the year and unique pitch ideas to engage local media
- Build division president and leadership as local thought leaders
- Develop relevant, compelling trends data and insights from M/I customer purchasing habits for local market use
- Promote events and marketing/sales initiatives
In addition to supporting various community openings, Inspire provides ongoing PR support to several divisions, and works closely with M/I Homes’ corporate marketing team to identify national media and thought leadership opportunities and support specialty events and projects.
- Secured four substantive earned media placements highlighting a Dayton community opening, including in the Dayton Daily News, Dayton.com and the Dayton Business Journal.
- Positioned new Columbus division community as a unique and affordable alternative to city-living through earned media coverage in the Columbus Dispatch and Columbus Business First.
- Secured in-depth piece in the Bradenton Herald showcasing Sarasota’s newest community.
- Worked with Columbus CEO to secure an exclusive first-look article featuring M/I Homes’ new corporate office.
- Successfully news-jacked coverage highlighting trends in homebuilding and design resulting in follow-up coverage in the Star Tribune and Dayton Business Journal highlighting M/I Homes division leadership.
- Established relationships with reporters in regions on behalf of M/I Homes resulting in media proactively reaching out to divisions as experts in the industry.
- Developed relationships with local influencers on behalf of M/I Homes for future partnerships.