Destination Delaware (the Delaware County Convention and Visitors Bureau) promotes travel and tourism in Delaware County, Ohio. Destination Delaware received funding from the federal CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act that it put toward funding an integrated digital marketing campaign in November and December 2020 to encourage safe visits to local businesses during the holiday season.
Specifically, Destination Delaware wanted to increase support of local businesses within the city of Delaware by promoting ideas for holiday shopping, dining and activities. As a secondary goal, it wished to leverage the campaign to drive traffic to pages on businesses' websites and its website (VisitDelOhio.com) that featured information about different businesses.
Destination Delaware worked with Inspire to develop and implement a comprehensive digital campaign, which included Facebook and Instagram advertising and blogger engagement, to maximize engagement and meet campaign goals. Each week, the following strategies were executed:
- A different business was promoted on the Destination Delaware Facebook page, including a mix of local shops, restaurants, entertainment venues and attractions.
- Gift cards to local businesses were given away through Facebook giveaways, which provided direct support to a wide variety of businesses in the city.
- Ad campaigns were launched, each focusing on a different theme, including dining, breweries, wineries and holiday shopping.
- In less than eight weeks, the social media outreach and ad campaign reached a potential audience of 1.91 million social media users.
- Social media ads drove 24,809 link clicks to both key pages on VisitDelOhio.com and to local businesses’ websites, at an average cost of just $0.39/click.
- Facebook posts received 38,497 engagements at an average cost of $0.25/engagement.
- Hosted six bloggers and influencers for personalized, one-day visits to the city. Bloggers shared their experiences at restaurants and businesses on their blogs and social media channels, reaching a total online audience of 104,097 users.