Ohio Poultry Association
As Ohio’s restaurant industry continued to recover from the devastating impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, Inspire worked with the Ohio Poultry Association (OPA) to launch Best Buckeye Breakfasts in summer 2021, a statewide restaurant campaign that encouraged consumers to support local Ohio restaurants by dining in, carrying out or sharing their favorite breakfast spots. The statewide restaurant support campaign encouraged families to try farmer-favorite breakfast menu items and share their personal favorites on social media.
Through the Best Buckeye Breakfasts campaign, each week OPA, in partnership with the Ohio Pork Council (OPC), promoted a different breakfast menu item that featured egg and pork products from restaurants recommended by Ohio poultry and pig farmers in each region of the state.
Additionally, social users were encouraged to tag a friend who they wanted to get breakfast with, comment with their favorite breakfast item and tag a restaurant, and share Ohio Egg and Poultry Farmers’ Facebook posts. Those who interacted on the posts were entered to win a $100 gift card to the restaurant they mentioned.
To promote the initiative, Inspire implemented an integrated promotional campaign, including the launch of a new website, BestBuckeyeBreakfasts.com, a comprehensive social media and paid digital advertising campaign, earned media outreach and influencer and blogger engagement. In addition, a stakeholder outreach was conducted through a curated toolkit to TourismOhio, the Ohio Restaurant Association and Experience Columbus.
The Best Buckeye Breakfasts campaign reached more than 5.5 million Ohioans and directly provided $20,000 to local restaurants. Social media posts promoting the $100 gift card giveaways and restaurant grants earned 127,715 impressions, and the online grant nomination form earned 22,030 views.
- The digital advertising campaign delivered more than 2.8 million impressions and generated more than 3,000 clicks to BestBuckeyeBreakfasts.com.
- Eight influencer partners created content for the campaign by sharing their favorite breakfast dishes and restaurants, in addition to promoting the gift card giveaways and restaurant grants, reaching an audience of 428,025.
- Facebook and Instagram posts earned over 127,715 impressions and reached an audience of 88,693.
- Best Buckeye Breakfasts was mentioned in four news articles, one blog post and one podcast. News articles reached an online audience of 13,483.
- The campaign was promoted in consumer e-blasts and shared in farmer e-newsletters. E-blasts reached an audience of 15.9k consumers and over 1.4k farmer members.
- BestBuckeyeBreakfasts.com received 6,065 views during the 10-week campaign.
- The campaign was recognized with awards in 2021 from the Cenral Ohio Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) and by the National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA)