The Pet Food Institute
Inspire worked with the Pet Food Institute (PFI), the voice of the U.S. pet food and treat makers, to manage its website and assist with earned media relations, brand awareness, blog content, social media, digital advertising/SEO and video production.
Inspire secured media placements on behalf of the organization in targeted national and trade media outlets. Along with positioning PFI as an expert media resource for pet food-related stories, Inspire also coordinated deskside meetings for PFI in New York City with key reporters and set up several television and radio interviews. Inspire also supported PFI in responding to media inquiries and with crisis communications support, including media monitoring, providing strategic guidance and drafting media statements and responses.
Inspire has worked with PFI to grow its following and expand its influence on Twitter (@USPetFood). Inspire developed social media content guides with prewritten tweets, which allowed PFI to regularly share timely, relevant content and drive traffic to its many online resources. Inspire also assisted PFI with highly-targeted Twitter advertising campaigns to reach its key audiences.
Inspire helped PFI manage, update and expand its website, which included drafting content and blog posts. Inspire also increased website traffic through a combination of media relations, paid digital advertising and Twitter advertising. Inspire also reviewed content for opportunities to re-purpose, promote and drive traffic to targeted areas of the website to improve SEO.
- In one year, Inspire secured 97 media placements for PFI in national, trade and regional print, online and broadcast media outlets, resulting in more than 116 million impressions. Placements were included in prominent national media outlets and key pet publications, such as CBS DC, Prevention, Catster, Gizmodo, CNBC, PetMD and Bloomberg.
- PFI formed relationships with key reporters at national outlets including through in-person meetings in New York City.
- In one year, PFI gained 3,225 new Twitter followers. Tweets received nearly 2.1 impressions and had an average engagement rate of 1.41 percent. Twitter posts received 3,840 re-tweets, 185 replies, 5764 likes 543 mentions and 9,073 link clicks.
- PFI’s How Pet Food is Made animation has had 99,695 impressions on Twitter and has been viewed more than 39,524 times, with a 39.64 percent view rate.
- The PFI website had 115,718 page views and 51,851 sessions by 40,363 users.