Ohio Beef Council
To help encourage consumers to prepare slow cooker beef recipes during October, the Ohio Beef Council (OBC) asked Inspire PR Group to help coordinate and oversee a recipe development campaign and a Twitter party. The “Crocktober” initiative included partnering with seven prominent Ohio food bloggers to create and share slow cooker recipes. Specifically, OBC challenged Inspire to:
- Partner with seven Ohio food bloggers to create slow cooker beef recipes that would be shared throughout the month and during the Twitter party
- Coordinate a recipe video project with one of the Oho bloggers
- Create social media content guides for both the bloggers and OBC to promote the Crocktober recipes
- Develop a content guide for the Twitter party including questions to ask as well as messages about beef farming, health, nutrition and cooking tips
- Manage all Twitter party promotion, host the party, choose winners and shipprizes
- Determine and manage the campaign budget
- The seven bloggers’ sites have a combined online readership of 1.81 million users. The seven recipes that the bloggers published for Crocktober have been viewed more than 40,000 times on the bloggers’ sites since they were posted.
- The bloggers also shared the posts on their social media accounts, and the recipes were well-received by followers, earning more than 60,000 social engagements, including 2,700+ Facebook shares, 9,000+ Facebook likes, 1,100+ Instagram likes and 37,900+ saves on Pinterest.
- The recipe development video earned more than 42,000 views on Facebook and more than 5,000 views on the blogger’s Instagram account.
- The #Crocktober hashtag was used in about 2,450 tweets the week of the Twitter Party, which included about 65 Twitter posts, 1,058 retweets and 1,182 replies, by about 107 people, with a potential reach of about 206,971 and a potential impact of 5.1 million.
- Engagement on the Ohio Beef Council Twitter account was 5.3 percent the day of the party.