Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
Cameron Mitchell Restaurants (CMR), headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, has built a diverse portfolio of varied restaurant concepts, ranging from multi-location upscale destinations to single neighborhood favorites. To commemorate the company’s 25th anniversary, Inspire worked with CMR to plan and execute a multi-faceted campaign that included:
- Identifying targeted local media publications to secure meaningful stories around the anniversary
- Developing 25th anniversary language and incorporating into all outreach
- Engaging with local social media influencers to promote the anniversary
- Supporting CMR with 25th anniversary activities, including securing proclamations and supporting the launch of Cameron Mitchell’s book
Inspire developed a timeline of activities designed to build awareness leading up to the 25th anniversary as well as day-of promotions for the actual anniversary on October 5. This included a combination of earned media outreach, influencer engagement, event support and community engagement.
- The media campaign reached a potential audience of more than 17.5 million.
- Pitches resulted in more than 20 media placements throughout the campaign, including several TV and radio appearances. In addition, Inspire secured several cover stories on the 25th anniversary including in the Columbus Dispatch, Columbus Business First, Columbus Monthly and more. Story examples include:
- 614 Magazine: Candid Cameron – Reflecting on 25 Years of CMR Revolutionizing the Columbus Restaurant Scene
- Columbus Business First: Cameron Mitchell Marks 25 Years: Here’s the Restaurant History
- WBNS 10tv: Cameron Mitchell Restaurants Celebrating 25 Years
- Columbus Dispatch: Cameron Mitchell Tells All in New Book
- Inspire worked with Columbus City Council and Mayor Andrew Ginther to draft resolution/proclamation language recognizing CMR’s 25th anniversary.
- Inspire gathered several testimonials from community leaders marking the 25th anniversary and Cameron’s contributions to the community. The testimonials were shared on CMR’s Twitter account throughout the week of the anniversary.
- Throughout the campaign, Inspire invited local bloggers and influencers to dine at CMR’s flagship restaurant, Cameron’s American Bistro. Prominent influencers, such as Breakfast with Nick, Columbus Food Authority and Columbus Foodie dined at the restaurant and shared their experiences. In addition, several other local bloggers mentioned Cameron’s new book as a hot local gift item for the holidays. Coverage from local bloggers/influencers reached more than 196,000 followers.
- Inspire worked with CMR to plan and execute a book launch event promoting Cameron’s new book, “Yes is the Answer. What is the Question?” The event included a VIP reception with media at Mitchell’s Ocean Club at Easton Town Center in Columbus, Ohio, followed by a book-signing event at Barnes & Noble. Targeted Columbus reporters received media swag bags with an advanced copy of the book.