NC Mountain State Fair
The North Carolina Mountain State Fair is held each September at the WNC Agricultural Center near Asheville, and it celebrates the heritage of the Blue Ridge Mountains, including agriculture, music, crafts, art, food, entertainment, display of livestock and competitions.
In 2022, Inspire led paid advertising efforts for the Mountain State Fair, identifying strategic opportunities and coordinating targeted digital, print and social media ads to help generate awareness and drive online ticket sales.
Inspire developed a comprehensive media buying plan strategy, which included TV, radio, print, and digital advertising, and built a paid media plan to view all elements of the campaign to analyze from a convergence perspective. We coordinated graphic design and video production needs and implemented all NC Mountain State Fair advertising plans with final negotiations and insertion orders.
Additionally, Inspire drafted engaging content that was featured on the NC Mountain State Fair’s Facebook and Instagram feeds, as well as in advertising. We assisted the fair in launching social-only promotions, including fair ticket, swag and experiential giveaways—which helped increase social engagement, add followers to the NC Mountain State Fair’s newly-created Instagram account, and create excitement ahead of the event.
Digital and social ads integrated with the NC Mountain State Fair’s online ticketing system, which tracked customer purchase behavior and demographic data, which will be referenced when designing advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Digital advertising delivered 2.45 million total impressions
- Print ads reached a 71,022 total circulation
- Billboard ads received 40,000 total impressions
- 1,662 total spots ran on TV and radio
- 332,120 social followers were reached through media partner channels
- Facebook and Instagram advertising resulted in:
- 3.6 million impressions and reached an audience of 506,000
- 201,141 total post engagements, including 11,000+ reactions, 2,555 shared, 36,000+ link clicks and 33,300 video views
- 0.98% click-thru rate (CTR)
- 3,112 Adds to Cart from ads
- There were 2,500+ entries to the Facebook and Instagram giveaways
- The @NCMountainStateFair Instagram account added nearly 1,300 followers in three months