5 Powerful Reasons to Leverage Video Advertising
Video marketing has long been an important strategy for brands to amplify their messages to reach targeted audiences. It’s not a new concept, but savvy marketers know it certainly has, and continues to become, even more important to an organization’s overall marketing plan.
Digital advertising is an effective way to promote videos and to further expand brand reach. Here are five reasons why video advertising works.
1. Consumers are watching more video than ever before. In 2021, it is estimated that the average person will spend 100 minutes every day watching online videos, according to Smart Insights. Further, more than 50% of consumers want to see video content from brands – more than any other type of content. These numbers have continued to surge since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, as individuals are spending more time in their homes and turn to video both for emotional support and as an educational tool. Increases in streaming video give businesses a unique opportunity to get their brand message in front of consumers.
2. Videos build awareness and tell your story in a memorable way. The saying, “content is king,” still rings true, but that doesn’t mean that it has to strictly be written text. In fact, recent surveys reveal that viewers retain 95 percent of a message when they watch it through video.
Video is a powerful way to evoke emotions and connect with your audience through storytelling, but quality still matters. A well-produced pre-roll video ad or connected TV spot with an engaging message and clear call-to-action can be critical in winning the sale or changing consumers’ perceptions.
3. Video ads are flexible and work well across various platforms. We live in a connected world, and many now communicate and shop using multiple devices. For example, many people will watch TV or stream videos on one device while checking social media, playing a game, or working on another. Brands can leverage digital video advertising to reach target audiences everywhere they are – whether that’s using an in-banner video ad on a desktop computer, pre-roll video on mobile devices, in-stream ads on YouTube, or an OTT (Over-the-Top) video ad for streaming TV.
4. Reach highly targeted audiences with video ads. For effective digital advertising campaigns, it’s important to communicate your message to the right audience at the right time. Digital advertising allows brands to target consumers more precisely based on specific data, such as demographics (e.g. age, gender, household income, marital status, children, etc.), geography (e.g. DMAs, cities, zip codes, etc.), and interests and affinities (e.g. arts and entertainment, food and drink, pets, environment, etc.). While each targeting method varies depending on the brand’s goals and KPIs, it allows advertisers to focus on reaching their ideal audience.
5. Video advertising is measurable. An important benefit of video advertising is that many metrics are available to determine success. Beyond the common analytics of impressions and clicks, advertisers can measure how many seconds a viewer watched the ad, video completion rates, where the ads were served, share of voice in the market, etc. This information is valuable to inform future campaigns and to determine what resonates with your target audience.
Looking for ways to amplify your message and maximize your video engagement? Inspire can help! Contact us to learn how.