Inspire PR Group, based in Columbus, Ohio, is a growing agency that provides award-winning communications, marketing, digital and public relations solutions for a wide range of clients. We are committed to delivering high-quality, innovative communications services that are carefully tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients.
We are passionate about what we do and are proud of the clients we work for and the people who work with us. We offer a flexible work environment and are committed to the professional development of our team.
Inspire offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off (PTO); medical, dental, vision and life insurance; and 401K.
The Account Manager is charged with ensuring the successful development, implementation and day-to-day management of client accounts. Account Managers oversee and manage accounts, develop strategic plans, train junior staff, as well as manage and motivate other staff members.
- Prepare effective, comprehensive public relations programs and plans that are well organized and well written, with detailed time and dollar budgets that are appropriate to client needs and reasonable with regard to resource utilization. Ensures efficient execution of plans
- Develop and cultivate relationships with the client and external audiences
- Oversee day-to-day client projects and/or events to ensure the quality of work meets client’s business objective and provides value
- Manage account administration duties, such as managing within budget, billing, accounts receivable and reporting
- Manage and mentor junior employees
- Oversee all aspects of major events for client
- Handle special media inquiries
- Write and review communications materials (e.g., news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters and pitch letters)
- Develop materials on complex issues (e.g., Q&A, speeches, collateral materials)
- Develop and place appropriate stories by and about the client in business, trade and consumer media as needed
- Identify new business opportunities and participate in new business activities (e.g., proposal writing, presentations)
The ideal candidate will work with clients to develop public relations strategies and manage day-to-day activities necessary to ensure completion of communications and social media initiatives. Duties include: writing press releases and other promotional materials (33%); pitching stories to the media, fielding media calls and monitoring press coverage (33%); and developing digital content and managing client social media accounts (33%). The individual will work primarily with restaurant and food clients, nonprofits, and others.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day responsibilities of specific client accounts, including planning and execution.
- Contribute to the development of integrated public relations and communications plans.
- Collaborate with senior team leaders to bring the best solutions and expertise to the client and participate in brainstorming and strategy meetings.
- Develop relationships with local, national, specialty and trade print, broadcast and online media to support media relations campaign objectives.
- Write, edit and proofread materials including press releases, social media posts, blog content, pitch letters, fact sheets and client correspondence.
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of social media trends, tools and channels, and identify ways to integrate digital solutions into larger communications strategies.
- Write and develop content ideas for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Blogs and YouTube.
- Research social media content ideas using online monitoring tools and search engines.
- Prepare and/or review status reports for clients.
- Plan and coordinate client events, such as press conferences or other offsite client functions.
- Participate in new business development, including research, proposal writing and presentations.
- 1-2+ years of previous relatable work experience. Agency experience preferred. Significant internship experience also is desired and will be considered as part of overall experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or previous work experience in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or relatable field strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in using digital and media monitoring tools.
- Experience pitching media and working with bloggers.
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed; frequency determined by client work.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor.
- Team player with the ability to step into leadership roles.
How to Apply:
If you would like to join a fun and rewarding team environment, please send your résumé and writing samples to Hinda Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.